Our childbirth classes are designed to help parents prepare for baby’s arrival. If you would like to see an in-person or online tour of our maternity department, click here.
Benefits of Childbirth Class
- Allows expectant parents to ask questions about labor and birth with the instructor and other couples.
- Creates a special bond between partners. Significant others gain a better understanding of what mom is going through and learn how best to provide support.
- Includes the opportunity to tour the hospital in person or virtually and learn about routine birthing practices.
- Learn about the birthing process, pain management and procedures for labor, as well as newborn characteristics and postpartum care.
Call (256) 265-7296 for more information.
- Cost for Online Class: FREE
- Cost for In-person Class: $50 for non-employees, $43 for employees
- Each expectant mom is encouraged to include one support person.
- Locations: Online and In-person
Madison Hospital Classroom or Huntsville Hospital Dowdle Center
- We recommend this class be completed at least one month before the due date.