Planning a pregnancy or expecting a baby? We want to be your community hospital for maternity services close to home.
Madison Hospital is the first hospital in North Alabama and just the fourth in the state to earn Baby-Friendly USA certification through the World Health Organization and United Nations Children’s Fund. The Baby-Friendly program recognizes hospitals and birthing centers that have demonstrated a commitment to the research-based steps that support infant feeding and early mother/baby bonding. Read more about the certification.
- Expectant Family Classes
- Board certified obstetricians
- Board-certified neonatologists to care for your newborn as needed
- A neonatal nurse practitioner as needed
- Certified lactation consultants to assist with breastfeeding
- 4 labor/delivery/recovery rooms that overlook our peaceful Healing Garden
- 19 spacious postpartum rooms located near our well-baby nursery
At Madison Hospital, we encourage skin-to-skin time, exclusive breastfeeding, uninterrupted time together, parent involvement with the first bath and rooming in. We invite you to schedule a tour of our Maternity Department by registering online or by calling (256) 265-7296.
Thanks to the HH Foundation and Junior League of Huntsville, babies born at Madison Hospital will receive a birthday gift that includes a copy of Goodnight Moon, a hand written letter from a member of the community, a pediatric toothbrush, and information on the local library.