Madison Hospital is the first hospital in North Alabama and just the fourth in the state to earn Baby-Friendly USA certification through the World Health Organization and United Nations Children’s Fund. The Baby-Friendly program recognizes hospitals and birthing centers that have demonstrated a commitment to the research-based steps that support infant feeding and early mother/baby bonding. Read more about the certification.
- Expectant Family Classes
- Board certified obstetricians
- Board-certified neonatologists and neonatal nurse practitioners
- Level II (Special Care) Nursery
- Certified lactation consultants to assist with breastfeeding
- 7 labor/delivery/recovery rooms several of which overlook our peaceful Healing Garden
- 19 spacious postpartum rooms located near our well-baby nursery
At Madison Hospital, we encourage skin-to-skin time, exclusive breastfeeding, uninterrupted time together, parent involvement with the first bath and rooming in. We invite you to schedule a tour of our Maternity Department by registering online or by calling (256) 265-7296.
Thanks to the HH Foundation and Junior League of Huntsville, babies born at Madison Hospital will receive a birthday gift that includes a copy of Goodnight Moon, a hand written letter from a member of the community, a pediatric toothbrush, and information on the local library.