Madison Hospital supports exclusive breastfeeding because of the proven health benefits. Our staff includes certified lactation consultants and maternity nurses with special training in breastfeeding support. We are available to assist new mothers with breastfeeding immediately after delivery, throughout the hospital stay and after you go home.
Our lactation consultants also provide many outpatient services for breastfeeding mothers.
- Free phone consultations
- Office visits by appointment to continue breastfeeding support even after mother and baby go home
- Free Breastfeeding classes to help expectant mothers prepare for their new baby
- Support groups to offer information, advice and support for breastfeeding mothers
- Breastfeeding Support Group (Madison): Mondays, 10:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. and Thursdays, 6:30 – 8:30 p.m. Moms who choose to breastfeed their child beyond 12 months are invited to our "Extended breastfeeding group," which meets the 2nd Friday of each month, 10:30 - 11:30 a.m. All Breastfeeding Support Group meetings are held in the Madison Hospital Wellness Center classroom.
- Breastfeeding Mothers Group (Huntsville): Tuesdays and the first & third Saturdays, 10 - 11:30 a.m., Women's Pavilion, 120B
To make an appointment with a lactation consultant, please call (256) 508-9009 or